Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb

A conversation had at 3:30 AM. I've been awake ever since...

"Hello"
(groggily) "Is Craig there."

"There's no Craig here"

"Do you live on Rocky Ridge Blvd.?"

"Yes."

"Hi, this is your downstairs neighbor. I can hear your music, would you mind turning it down."

(angrily) "HOW can you POSSIBLY hear my music? It's only on like 3"

(also angrily) "Obviously I heard it, it woke me up and it's keeping me awake."

"You can't be serious"

"I'm serious, I can hear and feel the bass from your speakers in my apartment."

"It's not even that loud, how can you...how can you hear it?"

"I can hear it. I can feel it. I walk into the hallway and I can hear it on the back wall of my apartment."

"Fine. Whatever. I'll turn it down."

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

"Whatever. I'll just turn it off."

Now granted I was grumpy, but I tried to be pleasant. I did get his name wrong, but I have a terribly memory for names and....IT WAS 3:30 in the damn morning!

CLICK.

Thank you for validating my need to do that this morning, Todd. Don't give me your card and tell me to call if/when your music bothers me, and then expect me not to call, even if it's 3:30 AM.

And dude, get some better music.

Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb Throb.

House is Dead.

3 comments:

SOLINET Library said...

Outz outz outz outz - pump it up, pump it pump it, raise the roof, and play my music DEF loud! Why is it people in apartments have NO conscience - that they don't live in a soundproof lab?

Button Gwinnett said...

Oh the joys of neighborly relations. ;-)

Button Gwinnett said...

Oh the joys of neighorly relations. ;-)