Monday, July 24, 2006

Props. Elvis and Pants.

An oversight. Two things folks should know about.

Echo and Sway. I've never really heard a lovelier combinaton of two words in song. I've gone without giving credit where credit is due for my blog's title to Elvis Costello, from his song "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes."

It's a song about acceptance:

I was watching while you're dancing away.
Our love got fractured in the echo and sway.
How come everybody wants to be your friend?
You know that it still hurts me just to say it.

Later, our songwriter concludes:

Oh I used to be disgusted
and now I try to be amused.
But since their wings have got rusted,
you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

I guess even though he can't get or get even with this gal, he's still got his red shoes; and at least aging angels, who like him, just aren't as spry as they used to be--are envious of his shoes.

That's what it means to me anyway.

Pants. Why am I rlpants? Well, during a really fun conversation one night, Dawn and I decided that you can tack pants on the end of any word, and that instantly makes it cuter.

So I hope that I'm cuter with pants on my end.

Thanks Declan, I appreciate the word loan.

No comments: