Friday, May 19, 2006

So far....



"
You can go with the crazy people in the crooked house
You can fly away on the rocket or spin in the mouse
The tunnel of love might amuse you
And Noah's Ark might confuse you but
let me take my chances on the Wall of Death"
--Richard Thompson
Yes, coaster enthusiasts, I know that song isn't about a roller coaster. Now shut up and find a trim brake to bitch about.

Roller Coasters are fun. The fun goes far beyond the rides, though. Thanks to Dawn, the love of my life and the aforementioned and self-proclaimed "Card carrying roller coaster enthusiast," I've met some interesting characters and I've learned to identify the loner dorks, and make catty comments.

Most importantly, I've learned to appreciate the parks and the effort required to make them clean, pretty, interesting, and successful. DollyWood was a great birthday experience for me this past Winter--I never thought I'd enjoy time at a place like that, but friendly people, the Christmas spirit, lots and lots of lights, families, warm cinnamon bread, and a late night train ride through the Tennessee countryside warms even the most committed cynic...

...but back to the rides...

I've only been on a few so far, but here they are in ranked order of how much I liked 'em.

Thunderhead
DollyWood
Pigeon Forge, TN

"I can't stop giggling"

Goliath
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"Ohhh now I know what you meant by 'air time.'"

Mind Bender
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"Oh how I love to be upside down. I hope I don't lose my partial."

Scream Machine
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"Ow. Ow. ow. bump. Ow."

Batman: the Ride
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"This line sucks. let's get out of it. let's get lost. This line sucks. Wow, I'm glad we got back in that line."

Georgia Scorcher
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"You know, clanking the harness belt latch against the harness isn't going to get you out of here any faster."

Georgia Cyclone
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"Ow. OW! OW! That really hur..OW...damn...OW...I think I'm bleeding."

Ninja
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"It's working today?! Wow."

Tenneessee Tornado
DollyWood
Pigeon Forge, TN

"This might be fun. Here we go...wha? where are we?"

Dahlonega Mine Train
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"That was a lot more fun than it should have been."

Blazing Fury
DollyWood
Pigeon Forge, TN

"Oh no, what's going to happen next...I think there's something ba..ahhhh! splash."

Super Man: Ultimate Suck
Six Flags
Austell, GA

"Are you guys getting married? Weeelll about that..."

"That guy's made totally out of rock, and he only weighs 350?"

"She's 6'2", 170? yeah right. "


Coming soon!!!

At the Very Least:

Holiday World, Santa Claus, IN:

the Voyage


Raven


Legend



Indiana Beach, Monticello, IN:

Cornball Express

Hoosier Hurricane

Galaxi

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain

Tig'rr Coaster


....And probably more. I'm looking forward to Dawnie's comments and updates to this post :).




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superman: Ultimate Suck. Giggle.

I can't wait for your reactions...you're going to love it all...I hope!