Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ha! Ha! Screw You, Dick Cheney!

So you're not part of the executive branch? oh well then, you don't need the funding we give you
as part of the executive branch!


"Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., sponsor of the de-funding amendment, noted that five years ago Cheney claimed executive privilege in refusing to release details about his meetings with oil industry executives to discuss energy policy.

"Now when we want to know what he's doing as it relates to America's national security in the lead-up to the war in Iraq and after the fact, the vice president has declared he is a member of the legislative branch."

What a colossal flip flopper...what a, dare I? dick.

2 comments:

K said...

they must think the American people are a bunch of slack-jawed, pop-tart eating, tv-watching, brainless rubes. What absolute arrogance!!

K said...

sorry, I'm not done. What was his thought process? Oh, I know I'll pull a little legal sleight of hand. Reminds me of Bill Clinton's "it depends on what your definition of "is" is." But this is even more asinine. Do you think they pulled this huge blunder to distract us from something even worse? "Oooh, look over here, over here while I do something with my other hand." Am I attributing too much intelligence to Cheney? No, I don't think so, he is crafty, cunning, sneaky, and...and...I can't call him evil because that would be judgmental.
ooohhh, where's a quail hunter when you really need one?