Monday, December 18, 2006

Engaged!


Dawn and I took a positive step forward toward the rest of our lives together this weekend.

On the lift hill of the world's greatest wooden roller coaster, I asked her if she might be interested in gettin' hitched up with me. I gave her the length of the ride to think about it, and at the end of the ride, she said yes, and then I gave her a ring.

We had a lovely trip into the Smoky Mountains. We enjoyed Dollywood, we rode the rides, saw the shows, including my favorite, "A Hokey Mountain Christmas" aka Randy Jackson's "A Very Pitchy Christmas."

On the way back yesterday, we went to the "lowest place on earth" Tallulah Gorge. It's actually the deepest Gorge East of the Mississippi. So our travels have now taken us to the ultimate geographic highs and lows. At least the ones in the Eastern U.S. , since last year we went to the "highest place on earth" or, Mt. Mitchell, NC, the highest peak east of the Missisippi.

Highs, lows, ups, downs, curves, dips, drops, loops.

More to come. I'm sure we'll handle them just fine.

2 comments:

Cee in SF said...

Congratulations! It was a brilliant way to ask her and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and health.

K said...

I vote for the new photo. I just like the composition better.